Skip to content
If this is your first visit to Canaan or if you’re a returning camp family we want to welcome you to an exciting summer of fun, memories, growth and friendship- all on our 100-acre island in the Catawba River- just off the “Coast” of Rock Hill. Welcome to Canaan- Embrace the Adventure!
The Canaan Difference:
- We care about the people that come on the island. First and foremost, this is the Lord’s camp and we are just stewarding it, we are his feet and hands….
- “Location, Location, Location” Located just minutes from Charlotte, NC. Also, how many other Summer Camps are on an Island?!
- “Plus 1 Service” We deliver on our customers’ expectations and then take the extra step! Our customer service stands out! People are not just a number to us, we want to help engage them in our Summer Camps, Activities and adventure programs.
- “Our Counselors” We hire the best of the best, the counselors are why the kids come back. All of our counselors are CPR and First Aid certified so you know your kid will be safe!
- “Professional Staff” Our adventure staff is raved about on Trip Adviser and Yelp…just read those reviews!
- “Specialized Programs” Our track programs are only found at Canaan
- “Our Cabins are top notch” Seriously are cabins are way nicer than any other camp. Our cabins were built in the mindset that adults can use them as well and be comfortable.
- “Archery Tag” We are the only location in the area that offers this awesome activity!
- “Kayaking“ Besides the Fort Mill put in, we are the closest launch to the Duke Power Hydro Station, we just don’t rent you the boat….we guide you on a trip.